Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reflecting on Learning

  
                         

The most passionate hope that I have for my future as an early childhood professional is that I will be one person who will shine light into a dark world and help as many children that I can develop to be all that they can be.  I want to be an example to children of acceptance and love and I want to be able to teach them that they are so very important in this world and that they were created with a uniqueness that should be celebrated.  I want to teach them the difference between fairness and unfairness and I want to help them understand that it is okay to stand up for themselves and others when they feel that things are unfair.  I want to help families learn that their children are the most precious gift that they have been given and should be given every chance in this world to share their gifts with others.  I want to support families, educate them, and allow myself to be educated by them.  I look forward to being part of a future movement to open this world's eyes to the importance of uplifting children so that their future and the future of society will be nothing but brighter!

Once again, I can't say enough thanks for all that every person in this program has done to help me in my growth and understanding of anti-bias education.  I am a person who is changing for the better and I owe it in part to the people and professors that I have worked with in these courses.  May God bless all of my colleagues and Dr. Weems for helping me continue this journey and for assisting me in becoming the best anti-bias educator and person I can be.  I wish you nothing but greatness in all of your future endeavors and if I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me. 

   You are the light of the world.....let it shine for all.  Matthew 5: 14-15


3 comments:

  1. Val,
    Your hopes for the early childhood profession, students, and families are inspiring. Teachers have a responsibility to help teach, guide, love, and support children. One of the best ways we can teach children is through teaching by example. Thanks for your personal and professional experiences. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,
    I have enjoyed working with you. I wish you the best on your goals and hopes as an early childhood educator. Also, thank you for the kind words, and I too thank you for sharing in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goals are nothing short of beautiful and wonderful and the young children that meet you will have nothing short of the best. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete